Recipe by Shannon Fernekes
I got tired of the typical chicken dinners, so I found this in an "All Chicken" cookbook. Although, I did make a few minor changes. If you like mushrooms, this is a great recipe for you. Pasta works as a great side dish.
Top Review by Mrs. Wright
This is a great recipe, it just isn't for me. I should have omitted the parmesan cheese. I did use onions instead of shallots. My servings were half of a breast, so this would serve eight people. I also added garlic to the onions and mushrooms. I used 1/4 slice of provolone cheese on each serving and a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 small shallots, chopped (or 1 small yellow onion)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -5 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices thin mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove any unwanted fat from chicken (if any).
- Mix together seasoned bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Press mixture onto both sides of chicken covering well.
- In medium frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots (or onion) and sauté until soft.
- Add mushrooms, parsley and pepper; cook about 5 minutes, turning mixture occasionally.
- Spray casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken flat into dish.
- Top with mushroom mixture, evenly divided over each piece.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bake chicken 10-20 minutes.
- Add mozzarella cheese slices over chicken.
- Continue cooking an additional 10-20 minutes.
- Cheese should be melted, not burnt.
- Chicken should be fork tender.