A wonderful chicken recipe from when we lived in Hawaii. You can serve it with white rice. It is colourful and easy to make for a weekday supper.
- Place the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- When the butter is hot add the chicken breasts.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn the chicken, season to taste again and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Keep repeating this operation until the chicken breasts have been cooked for 16-20 minute depending on their size.
- Remove the chicken breasts and place them on a serving platter.
- Cover and place in a 150 degree F oven to keep warm.
- Add the celery, the pineapple slices and the red pepper to your frying pan.
- Season to taste, then cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the chicken stock and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and serve with the sauce and the vegetables.
- Add 3 tablespoons of Tia Maria to the pan, flambe and pour over the chicken breasts.