Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
An easy chicken recipe with mozzarella cheese and mushrooms. Chicken breast halves are cooked in butter then broiled with a topping of mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Found on Southernfood.com
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup flour (for dredging)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Pound chicken breast halves until evenly thin. Dredge chicken with flour. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Cook chicken in butter for about 4 to 6 minutes on each side, until tender and cooked through. Remove chicken to a shallow baking dish; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet and sauté mushrooms until tender. Arrange mushroom slices on top of each piece of chicken; cover with a slice of cheese. Place remaining mushrooms around chicken. Place chicken breasts under a hot broiler until cheese is melted. Serve immediately with hot buttered pasta or rice.
- Chicken with mozzarella cheese serves 4.
Reviewed for Pick A Chef (PAC) October 2012. Loved this chicken and it was a very easy dish to prepare. Made as written, although served with Honey Glazed Carrots (recipe#482681) and steamed beans. I used sorghum flour to dredge the chicken to make this recipe suitable for my gluten-free diet. Photos also being posted