Recipe by Timothy H.
Putting the sage butter under the skin will keep the breasts moist and adding a wonderful taste. Very Easy!
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage, fine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 6 chicken breasts, skin on
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl blend together the sage, butter, and lemon juice with a fork until smooth. Add the salt and pepper to taste and set 2 tablespoons of the mixture aside.
- Rub the remaining butter mixture underneath the skin on each breast. Do not remove the skin. Rub the with the 2 tablespoons of the remaining butter mixture on the outside of the breast.
- Place the chicken skin side up on a roasting pan. Bake the breast in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the juice runs clear. Place the chicken on a warm plate and deglaze the roasting with the dry white wine. Simmer the pan juices a bit to reduce and serve over the chicken.