Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found online at homecooking.about.com. For someone who's always looking for new ways to prepare chicken breasts.......
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, chopped
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 orange, washed, dried
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan bring chicken broth to boil.
- Add chicken breasts & simmer 10 minutes, skimming off any scum that rises to top.
- Add celery & leek & simmer another 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from broth & keep warm [Broth can be strained & reserved for some other use.].
- Arrange kiwifruit in fan-shaped pattern on serving dish.
- Zest half of orange & sprinkle over kiwifruit.
- Juice orange & lemon into small bowl.
- Heat butter in small saucepan & add sugar, stirring until sugar is melted & begins to turn dark, about 5 minutes.
- Add orange & lemon juices, stirring until incorporated.
- Boil until sauce is recuded to about 2 tablespoons.
- Stir in salt & cayenne pepper.
- Slice ckicken into thin strips, & place on top of kiwifruit.
- Top with sauce & serve.