Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe was found online at homecooking.about.com. For someone who's always looking for new ways to prepare chicken breasts.......
- In large saucepan bring chicken broth to boil.
- Add chicken breasts & simmer 10 minutes, skimming off any scum that rises to top.
- Add celery & leek & simmer another 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from broth & keep warm [Broth can be strained & reserved for some other use.].
- Arrange kiwifruit in fan-shaped pattern on serving dish.
- Zest half of orange & sprinkle over kiwifruit.
- Juice orange & lemon into small bowl.
- Heat butter in small saucepan & add sugar, stirring until sugar is melted & begins to turn dark, about 5 minutes.
- Add orange & lemon juices, stirring until incorporated.
- Boil until sauce is recuded to about 2 tablespoons.
- Stir in salt & cayenne pepper.
- Slice ckicken into thin strips, & place on top of kiwifruit.
- Top with sauce & serve.
Excellent chicken. Never had kiwi with chicken, and I was pleasant surprised. Made recipe as posted except I left out the salt.. Made for PRMR tag
Hubby ranks it a 5. It was very good. The chicken was, indeed, tender as noted by a previous reviewer. It took a looooong time to reduce sauce, though.
this was much better than I anticipated. I'll be honest, I wasn't too sure about boiling chicken and ending up with any flavor. Boy was I WRONG! the chicken is moist and tender and the glaze is just enough citrus to go PoP! Great summer meal, it's light and refreshing.