Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
4 pts from WW 2004 Annual Recipes for Success
Make and share this Chicken Breast With Honey-Balsamic Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Combine first 3 ingredients; sprinkle over both sides of chicken.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
- Transfer chicken to a platter; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-low; add vinegar and honey to pan. Simmer 1 minute or until glaze thickens; stir constantly. Pour glaze over chicken.
I'm joining the crowd of folks who thought this was a great tasting, easy and quick to prepare recipe. I followed one reviewer's suggestion and sliced the chicken breasts into strips prior to cooking and then tossed them back into the reduced honey/balsamic glaze for maximum effect of the tasty glaze. I made extra glaze so we'd have some to drizzle over the aromatic rice. Thanks for the inspiration I needed for tonight's dinner!
The first time I made this, we rated it as a 3, but made it again and doubled the vinegar and honey and really enjoyed it even more. Thanks for another great recipe.
This was amazing! I'm making it again next week. The only thing I did differently was put the cooked chicken breasts on a cookie sheet (covered with foil and sprayed with cooking spray) poured the sauce over them and stuck them under the broiler for five minutes. Boo yah!