Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this in July 2007 "Style at Home" magazine. It was so good, and very easy to make. I'm no cook and I had no trouble with it. It is so rich and full of flavour, I will make this if I ever need to impress guests!
- 4 lemons
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 heads garlic, separated into cloves, peeled
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 cups rich chicken broth
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut rind from lemons into thin strips and place in saucepan along with sugar and water.
- Simmer and cook until peel is translucent, 10-15 minutes. Strain and let cool.
- Juice lemons, set aside.
- In heavy ovenproof saute pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic cloves and chicken breasts. Brown chicken on both sides.
- Add stock and lemon juice, bring to boil over high heat.
- Transfer pan to oven and roast for 15 minutes or until chicken is golden and juices run clear. Reserving sauce in pan, transfer chicken to warm platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Reduce sauce until it coats back of spoon, 20-30 minutes.
- Add candied lemon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over chicken breasts to serve.