Recipe by rsarahl
Plump roast chicken with a quick, raw fruit salsa. It's fresh and easy and the salsa is great with fish as well.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 chicken breast halves, bone-in,about 3 lbs
- 2 nectarines, pitted and cut into 1/2 inch pieces,about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Comine 2 Tbsp oil, cumin, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper and brush the mixture on the chicken breasts.
- Arrange prepared chicken on a baking sheet and place in the oven to roast for 40 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
- In a small bowl, combine nectarines, onion, cilantro, vinegar, lime juice, lime zest, garlic and remaining oil and salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until chicken is ready.
- When chicken is cooked, transfer the pieces to serving plates and either top with the salsa, or serve it on the side.