Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Suzanne Gibbs recipe. A simple sauce for grilled chicken. Was suggested it be served with potatoes and steamed zucchini
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 2 green onions, chopped (shallots)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded basil
- Cover each chicken breast with plastic wrap and lightly flatten with a rolling pin. Season well with freshly ground pepper.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan on medium.
- Cook chicken breasts for 3 minutes each side, until golden and almost cooked through. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low and add onion. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until soft.
- Increase heat to medium and add wine. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in cream. Cook for another 3 minutes, until reduced slightly.
- Add basil and season.
- Return chicken to pan for 1 minute, until heated through.
Fast, delicious and low carb...you can't beat that. The chicken was tender and juicy and the basil wine sauce was the perfect for the chicken. Great for making on a weeknight. Made for March 2012 Aus/NZ Swap.
This ticked all our boxes thanks Jubes-fast, easy, tasty and relatively low fat so pretty healthy. I made no changes to your recipe apart from using EVOO instead of unsalted butter which I rarely buy.
The chicken was very tender and the sauce was tasty. It was simple and fast too. What more can you ask for in a recipe than that? Made for ZWT 8.