Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This came from a very sweet lady from my old church in NJ, Lois Fernandez. This was one of the first meals I prepared for my husband after we were married. Goes great with rice and a salad, and if your not watching your weight, throw a couple buttery dinner rolls in there too.
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 ounces mushrooms (canned or fresh)
- Sprinkle chicken with seasonsed salt and paprika.
- Place in 11x7 pan.
- Dissolve bullion cube in boiling water; add wine or additional water, instant minced onion, curry powder& pepper.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover with foil& bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 45 minutes more.
- Remove chicken from dish, and set aside the juices.
- In a saucepan, blend 2 tbsp flour with 1/4 cup cold water.
- Strain chicken juice and once flour and water is heated, pour chicken juice into saucepan.
- Mix, then cool until thickened.
- Add a 3 oz.
- can of sliced mushrooms to the sauce.
- Serve chicken with rice, pouring sauce over chicken and rice.
This was the best recipe for chicken breast I've tried in a very long time. It was delicious Kelly! Thank you for adding it to our huge cookbook online.
This is a very good dish. We used fresh onions and two cans of mushrooms. The sauce is really tasty. We served it over penne.
We enjoyed this for dinner last night and it was a big hit! I added a bit more curry, because Im a curry freak..and instead of the bouillon cube, I used a can of Swansons chicken broth, and omitted the wine/water. Served with mashed potatoes and big hearty biscuits. I'm keeping this recipe in my favorites folder. Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe with the world!