Recipe by TexasKelly
This came from a very sweet lady from my old church in NJ, Lois Fernandez. This was one of the first meals I prepared for my husband after we were married. Goes great with rice and a salad, and if your not watching your weight, throw a couple buttery dinner rolls in there too.
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 ounces mushrooms (canned or fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with seasonsed salt and paprika.
- Place in 11x7 pan.
- Dissolve bullion cube in boiling water; add wine or additional water, instant minced onion, curry powder& pepper.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover with foil& bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 45 minutes more.
- Remove chicken from dish, and set aside the juices.
- In a saucepan, blend 2 tbsp flour with 1/4 cup cold water.
- Strain chicken juice and once flour and water is heated, pour chicken juice into saucepan.
- Mix, then cool until thickened.
- Add a 3 oz.
- can of sliced mushrooms to the sauce.
- Serve chicken with rice, pouring sauce over chicken and rice.