I like to make this chicken when I'm having a bad day because I get to beat the tar out of it! :) It's good served with steamed broccoli and sauteed squash.
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon each oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet to high. Cook chicken 4 minutes per side or until done (internal temp 170°F). Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
- Add green onions, lemon juice, parsley and mustard to skillet; cook and stir 15 seconds.
- Add chicken broth and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter.
- To serve,I like to coat my chicken in the sauce or you can ladle some over each breast.
Quick and delicious, though instead of pounding out the breasts I sliced them in half and proceeded as per recipe. The lemon I had was very juicy and half yielded nearly a 1/3 of a cup, will cut this back to a 1/4 of a cup. Enjoyed by all, thank you mydesigirl, made as a pressie for the 12 days of Christmas Recipe Swap.
This was so quick to make and very yummy, while the chicken was cooking, I prepared the other ingredients, so it took me about 20 minutes to be on the table. I had to substitute the green onions with brown onions (because I ran out of green onions) but otherwise I kept to the recipe. I served the chicken on a bed of mash potatoes and poured the fabulous sauce on the juicy chicken, it made a yummy dinner. Thank you mydesigirl