Recipe by mydesigirl
I like to make this chicken when I'm having a bad day because I get to beat the tar out of it! :) It's good served with steamed broccoli and sauteed squash.
Top Review by I'mPat
Quick and delicious, though instead of pounding out the breasts I sliced them in half and proceeded as per recipe. The lemon I had was very juicy and half yielded nearly a 1/3 of a cup, will cut this back to a 1/4 of a cup. Enjoyed by all, thank you mydesigirl, made as a pressie for the 12 days of Christmas Recipe Swap.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped or 3 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, only
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon each oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet to high. Cook chicken 4 minutes per side or until done (internal temp 170°F). Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
- Add green onions, lemon juice, parsley and mustard to skillet; cook and stir 15 seconds.
- Add chicken broth and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter.
- To serve,I like to coat my chicken in the sauce or you can ladle some over each breast.