A stuffed chicken breast where the sweetness of the sun-dried tomatoes harmonizes with the saltiness of the Feta cheese.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 large sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled finely
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (I use Italian style)
- olive oil
- toothpick (or Butcher String)
- green onion, chopped (for garnish)
- Sauté garlic and red bell pepper, in Olive Oil, for about 3 minutes (just enough to"combine" the flavors).
- Put aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine Feta cheese, breadcrumbs, thyme, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic and red pepper mixture.
- Toss until well mixed (this will be your "stuffing").
- Lay a flattened piece of chicken breast on a cutting board or your counter.
- Put a 1/4 of the above mixture on the flattened chicken breast like you would be making a burrito and roll as tight as you can get it.
- Secure it with a toothpick or butcher string.
- Place chicken breast "roll" on a baking sheet (I spray it with Pam so it doesn't stick), brush with olive oil (this gives it a nice golden brown texture), and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook for about 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 180°F.
- I guess you could try it on a grill, but I never attempted it yet!
- Garnish with chopped green onion and serve hot.
this is sivine! the only change i made was instead of rolling like a burrito i used a thick cut of breast and sliced it for stuffing (1/4 inch) and stuffed the breast. i also wrapped them in a foil pouch. but the flavors of this were so wonderful!! thanks for the great recipe!
This was outstanding-I didn't change a thing.
Wow! Amazing! I also butterflied my thick cut breasts and stuffed them, securing w/ toothpicks. I didn't have the breadcrumbs on hand but they were not missed one bit. It was a warm night out so rather than heating up the stove I braved the grill with these. They turned out amazing! I cooked up some pasta tossed with fettucini sauce and steamed broccoli for a side and my husband was in awe! Thank you for this. It is a keeper!