The blend of flavors in this recipe is amazing. I use a creamy blue cheese made by Rosenborg that has little pieces of pear in it, but you can use any blue cheese that you prefer. Make sure you thin out the chicken breast as much as possible and don't stuff them too much of you won't be able to fold them over. When you secure the chicken breasts, be sure not to leave too much of an opening, or your mixture will leak out in the oven. I served this for Valentine's Day Dinner, along with a delicious salad from another Recipe Zaar member and asparagus and couscous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound the chicken breasts until thin and even. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on both sides.
- 2Place 1/2 and ounce of the blue cheese in the center of each chicken breast and top with 1 T. of the apricot preserves.
- 3Cut 6 of the dried apricots in half and place 3 slices in the middle of each chicken breast.
- 4Roll the breasts closed and secure with toothpicks or butchers twine. (I used butchers twine, it's a lot easier.
- 5Mix the bread crumbs, flour, oregano, rosemary and thyme together in a bowl, then moisten each chicken breast with a little water and roll in the bread crumb mixture. There's no need to completely coat the chicken breast, just a light dusting will do, unless you desire a heavier crust.
- 6Place chicken breasts in a baking dish and drizzle a small amount of honey on top of each breast. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes.
- 7After you take the chicken breast out of the oven, allow it to sit for 10 minutes or so for the blue cheese and apricot mixture to firm up a little.
- 8Meanwhile, chop the remaining dried apricots into small pieces and place in a small sauté pan with the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Once it boils, add the butter and then allow the mixture to reduce to half. When serving the chicken breasts, pour a little of the mixture on top of each.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breast Stuffed With Blue Cheese and Apricot
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.8
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 119.6 mg
- Sodium 490.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 42.9 g
- Protein 38.4 g