Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This simple recipe takes only about an hour. Delicious and light. I don't submit many recipes, but my wife insisted I submit this one. It is a "winner".
- 1 lb chicken breast halve (boneless, skinless)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb asparagus spear (4-5 per breast)
- 1⁄2 lb provolone cheese (sliced)
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto ham (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (Italian or Plain)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Grease an 8x8 (or larger) baking dish.
- Place each breast in a 1 gallon storage bag on a solid, flat surface. Firmly pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness of about 1/4" to 3/8". Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Wrap 4-6 asparagus spears with Prosciutto, then carefully wrap that with Provolone. Wrap the chicken breast around the asparagus, provolone, prosciutto roll to make a compact roll. Place the rolls, seam side down, in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle each with a generous amount of the bread crumbs. Cover asparagus tips with a small piece of tin foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the juices run clear (about 50 minutes). Place one additional piece of prosciutto and 2-3 pieces of provolone on top of the chicken. Continue to bake for 10 additional minutes.
- You now have a beautifully presented piece of gorgeously tasting art. This completed work will serve 2-4, depending on your appetite.
- Serve with cannellini bean, tomato side dish (1 can cannellini, 1 can petite diced tomatoes, 1 tsp sage, 1 tsp oregano, and 1/2 onion) slow cooked for 30 minutes.
- Delicious - I hope you enjoy.
This was a very easy recipe to follow. My family of four loved this meal. I sliced the boneless breast to make it thinner. Will definitely make this again.