This is amazing.
Make and share this Chicken Breast Stuffed W/ Olives & Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 78.07 ml black olives, chopped
- 78.07 ml green olives, chopped
- 78.07 ml parsley
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2.46 ml garlic, crushed
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 44.37 ml flour
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 177.44 ml tomato sauce
- 2.46 ml basil
- 59.14 ml basil or 59.14 ml parsley
- By hand or by using a food processor, mince the olives, parsley, parmesan, black pepper, jalapeno, garlic, and oil. Then make a 2 inch horizontal slit through each of the chicken breasts to create a pocket. Divid the stuffing between the four breasts. then brush flour over each piece.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add oil to a skillet and saute the stuffed breasts on all sides for about 5 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Combine the tomato sauce and basil and pour half of the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Cover with the chicken, pour the remaining sauce overtop of the chicken and spread evenly. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked, do not overcook. Garnish with basil.
This was so good! I'm not a huge fan of tomato sauce but it turned out very well. I skipped the jalapeño peppers and used garlic powder instead of actual garlics and it still worked. Served it over French risotto.
This was really tasty. The olive stuffing mixture gives it a nice flavour in every bite! I will definately make this again.
This is dinner party quality. When I served the chicken breasts, the family were expecting something dry like the last chicken breast dishes I have tried. It was superb. I used very high quality olives and cheese. I skipped the jalapeno (to DH's chagrin) and reduced the pepper for the kids. I browned the chicken in a mixture of butter and oil. It was tender and delicious. Incredibly, the kid who hates olives wolfed the whole lot down.