Prep 20 mins
Cook 31 mins
Picked up recipe from Food Network. It's great tasting and reminds me of my trips to Greece.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 stalks fresh green onions, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb frozen spinach, squeezed to remove excess water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 8 large chicken breasts
- olive oil
- Pour olive oil in pot over medium heat and add both types of onion. Sauté for 1 minute, and them add spinach. Sauté for approximately 10 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Pour spinach mixture in a bowl and cool. Add dill, eggs, feta and pepper to spinach mixture and mix very well.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and fill with spinach/feta mixture. Close the breast and broil for 10 minutes on each side. After 15 minutes, douse chicken breasts with olive oil, lemon, and oregano and serve.
This was very good!