Recipe by Kikimony
My mother has made this for years and we just love it. We serve it over rice. This is NOT a thick sauce, it is very thin and clear. But the taste is wonderful.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This was delicious! Easy to prepare, moist and flavorful. I first boiled up 4 large potatoes(peeled & cut into large chunks) and used those in place of the canned as the recipe poster suggested. I thought the thin gravy tasted great & it had a lovely golden yellow color. Thanks for sharing this family favorite!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can new potato, well drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken on both sides in butter.
- Add onion and garlic; cook about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- Dissolve bouillion cube in hot water.
- Slowly stir in the flour mixture, then pour mixture over browned chicken.
- Simmer, covered, about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add potatoes and heat.
- Garnish with parsley.
- NOTE: You can use fresh boiled potato cubes instead (which is what I usually do).