Recipe by weekend cooker
chicken breast rolled up in cream cheese and salsa, with very little preparation, cooked in a slow cooker. Very good for dinner parties, an supper.
Top Review by **Mandy**
What a lovely simple dish! Tasty too. Just wasn't sure about the texture of the chicken once cooked..I think I may have preferred a meatier chicken cut like a thigh as the breast was a bit too "shreddy" for my liking. Thanks for posting!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 bunch green onions with top, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts to flatten.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and add salsa, cumin, and onions.
- Place heaping spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture on each chicken breast and roll up.(there will be leftover cream cheese mixture.).
- Place chicken breast seam side down in slow cooker sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over each chicken roll.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.