Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The idea for this recipe originated last Winter after tasting French and Swiss Raclette Cheese which I had purchased for the Holidays. My objective was to combine the marvelous flavors of the Raclette Cheese with capers and caper brine marinade. http://home.earthlink.net/--egeorgect/kitchenscience/id13.html
- 3 lbs chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 lb raclette cheese (French or Swiss)
- 2 cups chicken gumbo soup
- 1⁄2 cup capers
- 1⁄2 cup brine (from capers)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rinse chicken breast with cold water.
- Place meat in aluminum or copper roasting pan
- Pour chicken gumbo stock over chicken and leave excess stock in
- roasting pan to simmer with the meat.
- Season meat with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle onion powder and oregano on meat.
- Distribute 1/4 cup of capers over the top of the chicken breasts.
- Reserve the second 1/4 cup for garnish.
- Roast chicken at 425 F (without turning) for 45 minutes
- Remove pan from oven and top each chicken breast with a generious
- slice of French or Swiss Raclette Cheese and leave in oven.
- Do not adjust oven temperature
- Melt cheese in oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup of caper brine over the meat to precipitate the
- combniation flavors and aroma from the cheese and caper brine.
- Leave in oven for another 5-10 minutes
- Then entree is ready to serve for a hearty winter dinner.
- Use the additional 1/4 cup of capers to garnish the finished entree.