Recipe by Sharlene~W
Saucy recipe I found in a Jr. League cookbook (California Heritage Continues). Serve with rice or buttered pasta.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Delicious chicken recipe...I made this last night for dinner, my husband just went wild over the taste......I didn't have vermouth on hand, so I used dry white wine instead... it still was great!....The lemon gave it such a nice flavour. Thanx for a wonderful recipe Sharlene W :-)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut up
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 4 1⁄2 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, heat butter over medium heat.
- When butter foams, add chicken and oregano.
- (Do not overcrowd).
- Sauté in batches for 3-5 minutes until chicken is lightly browned but not cooked all the way through.
- Remove chicken to a warm platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add the vermouth to the skillet.
- Over high heat, deglaze the pan, stirring well, scraping up the drippings.
- Add the garlic and boil over moderately high heat until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the cream, reduce the heat and simmer until cream has thickened slightly to a sauce-like consistency.
- Add the nutmeg, cheese, parsley and lemon juice.
- Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Return chicken to sauce to finish cooking and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley.