Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fresh orange juice & zest perk up the flavor of another dieters' ho-hum baked chicken breast.
- 2 (226.79-340.19 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4.92 ml fresh orange zest
- 118.29 ml fresh squeezed orange juice
- 14.79 ml dry white wine
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml prepared mustard
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken breast halves in a 1 quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine orange zest, orange juice, wine, brown sugar, mustard and ginger. Drizzle over chicken.
- Cover and bake for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center (180-190ºF on a meat thermometer). Don't overbake!
- Remove chicken to serving dish, cover and keep warm.
- Pour pan juices into a small saucepan.
- In a small bowl, blend cornstarch & water till smooth.
- Add to juices in saucepan and cook over low heat until it starts to thicken.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
what if you don't have white wine or cornstarch can you still make this recipe?
I used all of the ingredients, but prepared it differently. Instead of baking, I cooked the chicken breast in a skillet and made the sauce in the skillet also. I doubled the sauce ingredients and served it over white rice.