Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chicken stuffed with feta cheese and baked in a crumb coating. If you ever met the woman that created and named this dish you never would have guessed it. Rachael is one of the shyest but funniest people. We still laugh at the name but it's really good! She always served this as an appetizer, but it will do fine as a main dish.
- Slice each breast long-wise so that it’s like a pita pocket.
- Combine the seasoning with the feta.
- Dip each breast in the butter so that both sides are covered; then roll in the crackers.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Divide the cheese up and fill the pocket of each breast.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
Very tasty recipe. I added some cut mushrooms and baked according to the directions. For the last 15 mins, I turned the oven to 'broil' mode to add a nice cripsy brown top to the breasts.
I added some diced sweet red pepper, chives, basil, parmesan, mozzarella into the ricotta. This turned out fabulous, but I will put the breasts up on a baking rack in the pan - I don't like my meat cooking in soggy juices.