Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 chicken breasts
- 12 tablespoons favorite hot sauce or 12 tablespoons salsa
- 12 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lime
- 1 dash salt
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Squeeze the lime juice into a bowl, add hot sauce, mustard and salt, mix until you have a uniform marinating sauce.
- Marinate chicken Breast for 45 minutes.
- Fry chicken breast in a pan with butter without marinating sauce (keep for later).
- Add to chicken marinating sauce for body.
- Let it cook slow for a couple of minutes.
- Remove chicken and place in plate, keep marinating sauce in pan.
- Add sour cream in the pan to the marinating sauce and make a creamy sauce.
- Serve creamy sauce on top of chicken.
too much mustard and hot sauce.my bf thojught half a lime would be enough.
I made this with Louisanna hot sauce and yellow mustard. I thought the mustard flavor was a bit too strong for my taste. Maybe it would be better with brown mustard or with salsa.
This was very easy and great for hubby's Atkin's diet (I did have to leave out the lime, sorry!) I wasn't sure this much mustard would go well with chicken but the sour cream seemed to mellow it a bit and he really liked the creamy sauce. For the hot sauce I used Louisiana brand and the mustard was brown, course grain, I believe Boars Head brand. Next time I may try a hot salsa and let you know how that turns out. I don't eat chicken so had to depend on dh for a review and stars.