Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was bored at home one day so I decided to experiment with some chicken breast. This is when I remembered a dream I had about pairing chicken and Grand Marnier (seriously I do actually dream about food). So I decided to pan fry the chicken and make a reduction for the sauce. The result was extraordinary and now I make it once every month or so. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 an onion
- 4 mushrooms (I prefer cremini)
- butter or margarine
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Slice the mushrooms and dice the onion. Then saute them in the butter or margarine.
- Add the Grand Marnier and reduce until only a tablespoon remains.
- Season to taste.
- For the chicken, butterfly the breasts. Season, then dredge in flour (shaking them off after). Pan fry in oil until done.
- Remove the breasts from the pan, spoon the reduction on, and serve.
Wonderful! This was simple and so delish. Next time I'm going to double the sauce - because I want that great sauce in every bite! Thanks Chef Doggerton for a great meal. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.