Recipe by rusted_essence
This is a Luby's Cafateria recipe, I found it and put it here for safe keeping... Cook time is inaccurate, I have no clue...
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesthawed frozen leaf spinach (10-oz. each (squeezed dry)
- 1⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix, plus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 extra-large egg (extra-large)
- 2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 large fresh spinach leaves (veins removed)
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese (1/2-oz. each)
- 8 slices American cheese (1/2-oz. each)
- 1⁄2 lb dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom (sliced)
- 1 small garlic clove (minced)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- For filling, combine ingredients and mix well.
- For chicken, cut each piece in half horizontally into 2 pieces.
- of equal thickness. Place bottoms in a shallow baking pan in a single layer.
- Top each with about 1/3 cup spinach mixture, spreading almost to edge.
- Place tops over filling, pressing together at edge. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease shallow baking pan large enough.
- to hold chicken in a single layer.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the milk and egg until well blended.
- In a separate shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and dressing mix.
- Coat chicken with flour, shaking off excess. Dip into milk mixture, then into.
- crumb mixture, coating evenly and pressing crumb mixture into chicken.
- Place in baking pan. Bake 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Top with spinach leaves and cheese slices. Continue baking 1 minute.
- For fettucine, cook pasta according to package directions,.
- adding salt to water. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add mushrooms and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add cream, cheese, seasoned salt, and parsley. Heat through. Pour over hot.
- pasta to coat evenly. Serve with chicken. Makes 8 servings.