Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious chicken dish from Apicius, the Culinary Institute of Florence in Italy. Didn't time the cooking and prep, so times are an estimate.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 4 ounces cooked spinach
- 1 ounce pine nuts
- 1 ounce grated grana padano
- 1 1⁄2 ounces olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- Pierce each chicken breast with tip of knife to make a pocket.
- Chop the spinach. Add pine nuts and grated cheese.
- Stuff spinach mixture into pockets of chicken and close with toothpicks.
- In sauce pan, warm olive oil with garlic and bay leaf.
- Add chicken and brown them all around. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour wine over chicken and let it evaporate.
- Add lemon juice. Cover the pan and let chicken cook completely.