GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
Flambe presentation is an impressive way to show off even an easily-prepared recipe, such as this one. Make sure your guests are present to "watch the show" before returning the chicken to finish the cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- 3In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken breasts on both sides.
- 4Add onions and mushrooms.
- 5Cook, stirring, until onions soften.
- 6Transfer mixture to a shallow casserole dish and bake, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 7In a small sauce pan, warm the orange liquer over low heat (lukewarm, not hot).
- 8Take the casserole out of the oven.
- 9Place the casserole on the kitchen counter and invite your guests to watch the show.
- 10Pour the liqueur over the chicken and vegetables and ignite it.
- 11When the flames die out, add the wine and return the casserole to the oven for another 15.
- 12minutes or until the chicken breasts are no longer pink inside.
- 13Remove the casserole from the oven.
- 14Arrange the chicken and vegetables on a warm platter and keep hot.
- 15Reserve pan juices in the pan.
- 16Mix butter and flour to make a paste.
- 17Stir paste into the pan juices, add cream and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes until thickened.
- 18Garnish the serving platter with orange swirls and parsley, and serve with wild rice and vegetables.
- 19Note: As with all of my recipes, I recommend using quality ingredients. In this dish, for example, use Grand Marnier, not some substitute. Also use a drinkable wine. Finally Wondra flour always makes for a perfect sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breast Flambe
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: