Recipe by Kasha
Originally from a restaurant that no longer exists, "Morgan" in Orland Park, IL. Directions for 1 portion, feel free to increase.... Fancy, easy dinner, even has flaming as one step!
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cognac or 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces butter
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped (to sub a bit of reg. onion and a bit of garlic, chopped)
- 1 large mushroom, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Slightly pound breast to make it thinner.
- Sprinkle pepper on one side.
- Sauté in melted butter til done.
- Addd cognac and flame carefully.
- When flames die out, remove breast and keep warm.
- Sauté shallot and green onion for 1 minute.
- Add cream and mustard and stir and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Place cooked breast on plate and spoon over sauce.
- Garnish with sliced fresh mushroom.