Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Rachel, my MIL, and is a Rachel creation that was made for the first time on August 11, 1996. Rachel notes that her DH liked it! Family members will remember the original name of this dish!
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup rice
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 dash hot sauce
- ground red pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Combine all ingredients except cheese.
- Pour mixture into a large baking dish and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered at 350* for approximately 30 minutes.