Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Pretty enough for a holiday meal -- and easy enough for a weeknight. A microwaved chutney makes it extra-special.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 medium pear, peeled, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
ingredient for bundles
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 oz each)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (4 ounce) package garlic & herb spreadable cheese
- 1 egg, beaten, if desired
- In 1 1/2-quart microwavable bowl, mix all Cranberry Chutney ingredients; cover with microwavable waxed paper. Microwave on High 5 to 8 minutes, stirring twice, until cranberries pop open. Set aside to thicken and cool.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F
- Lightly spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper; add to skillet. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until well browned on all sides. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Unroll both cans of the dough and separate into 8 rectangles; press each into 6x4-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- Spread cheese evenly in center of each dough rectangle; place chicken over cheese. Bring corners of dough together over chicken and press to seal; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown, brushing lightly with egg during last 5 minutes of baking time.
- Stir chutney; serve with warm chicken bundles.