Recipe by Terese
An easy peasy Jamie Oliver recipe, you can vary this to suit your taste, try things like grated parsnip, smoked bacon or red wine
Top Review by Highland Lass
I've made this recipe many times and learned that if you are using large, thick chicken breasts you may have to continue baking for an additional 20-30 minutes. As mentioned by a couple of cooks, I mix everything in the bowl except the wine and butter. Place mixed ingredients in the packet and then pour in the the wine and place in the pats of butter. I have added parnips, chopped applewood bacon, procuitto or serrano ham thinly sliced. Butter beans and fresh sage worked very well for me too! Also, rather than tearing two equal pieces of foil, simply pull out the length of two shoeboxes and fold in half...it saves an extra seam. Thank you Terese!
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 25 ounces mixed mushrooms, torn up
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Using wide tin foil, make your bag by placing 2 pieces on top of each other (about as big as 2 shoeboxes in length), folding 3 sides in and leaving 1 side open.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425 degrees F.
- Mix everything together in a bowl including the chicken.
- Place in your bag with all the wine juice, making sure you don't pierce the foil.
- Close up the final edge, making sure the bag is tightly sealed and secure on all sides, and carefully slide it onto a roasting tray.
- Place the tray on a high heat on the stove top for 1 minute to get the heat going, then bake in the middle of your preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, place the bag on a big plate, take it to the table and break open the foil.