Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
When you don't have time for a lot of prepping for supper. This is simple and elegant and very flavourful.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, about 1 lb (with skin)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- lemon juice
- Heat oil over moderately-high heat until hot but not smoking and brown chicken, patted dry and seasoned, for 2 minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat to moderately-low, cook chicken for 6 minutes more on each side, or until it is cooked through, and transfer to 2 plates.
- Cook almonds in oil over moderate heat, stirring, for 1 minute, or until golden, and transfer to paper towel to drain.
- Add wine, water and garlic paste to skillet and boil until reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, parsley, almonds, lemon juice and season to taste.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Serve with buttered orzo and steamed broccoli.
This quick to cook recipe was easy to prepare and tasted great. I used skinless boneless breast, seasoned with salt & pepper, prechopped garlic from a jar and left out the parsley because I didn't have any. It was a hit anyway. Would make a nice dish for company too.
Very easy and tasty! I've got a long commute everyday, and I love how fast it was to prepare this dish. A big hit with the wife. Thanks for posting!
I used boneless, skinless chicken breast, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The almonds were an excellent touch, my dh would have liked more sauce, all in all an awesome recipe. This is definitely company-quality and so quick to make. Thanks!