Recipe by evelyn/athens
When you don't have time for a lot of prepping for supper. This is simple and elegant and very flavourful.
Top Review by Donna Haverkamp
This quick to cook recipe was easy to prepare and tasted great. I used skinless boneless breast, seasoned with salt & pepper, prechopped garlic from a jar and left out the parsley because I didn't have any. It was a hit anyway. Would make a nice dish for company too.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, about 1 lb (with skin)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over moderately-high heat until hot but not smoking and brown chicken, patted dry and seasoned, for 2 minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat to moderately-low, cook chicken for 6 minutes more on each side, or until it is cooked through, and transfer to 2 plates.
- Cook almonds in oil over moderate heat, stirring, for 1 minute, or until golden, and transfer to paper towel to drain.
- Add wine, water and garlic paste to skillet and boil until reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, parsley, almonds, lemon juice and season to taste.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Serve with buttered orzo and steamed broccoli.