Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderful one skillet meal and sooo delish!
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch escarole, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Mix together crumbs, garlic and Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Pound chicken breast lightly to even out thickness (not too thin).
- Dip chicken in egg, then in flour.
- Saute in 2 T oil in large skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Add half of escarole to skillet, sprinkle with half of bread crumb mixture.
- Add remaining escarole and bread crumbs.
- Pour in broth, then drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Simmer, covered on low about 15 minutes, until escarole is wilted and chicken is done.
If you like escarole you will love this! Be careful not to overcook the escarole because it wll get mushy.