1/1 Photo of Chicken Bread Pudding
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
This is comfort food- rich, delicious and satisfying! We just love it! Try this, you'll love it. Your family won't be able to stop eating it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2 cups boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, chopped (or roasted red peppers)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Line the bottom of a buttered 13x9 baking pan with the bread. Cut the bread slices to fit. Spread the chicken out evenly over top of the bread.
- 2In a small frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute until slightly browned, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat, add mayonnaise. Mix well and spoon evenly over chicken.
- 3Sprinkle cheese evenly over mushroom mixture.
- 4In a large bowl, combine milk, soup, eggs, pimiento, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour evenly over top.
- 5Bake 1 hour until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 6Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top and dot with slivers of the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 7Bake for about 10 minutes more or until the breadcrumbs are lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.9
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 115.9 mg
- Sodium 1151.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless chicken breasts