Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh broccoli florets
- Cook pasta by following package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken in hot oil in a big skillet over med-high heat for 5 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken from skillet; drain on paper towels.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and the next 6 ingredients to the skillet; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in broccoli; cook 5-7 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Stir in cooked chicken and warm cooked pasta; serve immediately.
Made this for supper a while back. Found in my Southern Living 2006 Annual Recipes Book. They credited the recipe to Wes Hollowell. Quick and easy to put together, and tasty too. I used roasted red peppers in place of the sun-dried tomatoes as that was what I had on hand, but I'm sure I would like it even better made as written.