Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my 11 year olds favorite recipes. He got this recipe from one of the teachers at his school. It is a rich creamy chicken pasta dish.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta
- 3 -4 boneless chicken breasts (cooked and chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup red onion (chopped)
- 6 -8 slices bacon (crumbled)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Cook chicken breast in 2 TBSP of oil until lightly browned and no longer pink in center.
- Chop chicken into small pieces and set aside.
- Melt margarine in skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of half and half to skillet.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring constantly for about 20 minutes until sauce starts to thicken slightly, (Sauce will not get real thick).
- Cook pasta as directed on box while sauce is thickening.
- Add onion and cooked crumbled bacon to sauce and cook for 5-6 more minutes.
- Add pasta and chicken to the skillet and mix well.
- Serve after chicken gets warm.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Wonderful recipe, thanks for sharing. The first time I made it I simmered the sauce longer and it thickened up some. The second time I didn't have much time so I added a little cornstarch to the sauce and worked well. I love the flavor of this!! Will be making this again!!! Thanks again.
I have another version of this recipe that I normally use, but this looked quicker so I gave it a try. I'm sorry but we weren't impressed. The sauce was much too runny and overall had very little flavor. I wound up adding extra garlic, onion, paprika and parmesan just to give it a little flavor. I wish that I could say we would make this again, but we probably won't. Again, I'm sorry, I really wanted to like it!
This tasted just like a dish they serve at a restraunt called Johnny Carino's! I made more cream sauce then called for, taking the hint from other reviewers. Thank you so much for such a tasty recipe. I will definitely be making this again.