Prep 30 mins
Cook 27 mins
This is very good! recipe winner Pat Sprankle
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 5 ounces boursin cheese, with pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 large shrimp, peeled deveined cooked and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 8 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- melted butter
HONEY-MUSTARD WINE SAUCE
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup madeira wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut cheese into 4 equal pieces placing one on each breast spread cheese leaving a border around edges.
- divide thyme leaves among breast and top each with 4 shrimp halves.
- roll up each breast,tucking in all sides secure with wooden picks if necessary.
- Place chicken rolls seam side down in a 10 inch skillet.
- Add 1c.
- chicken broth,cover and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove and drain on a rack.
- Raserve liquid for sauce.
- Place one sheet phyllo dough on table brush with melted butter,add another sheet and brush with butter.
- Place one chicken roll on dough 2 inches from short end and fold dough over chicken, fold along sides of dough over chicken, brush with butter,roll chicken and dough over towards opposite end, brushing with butter at each turn.
- Repeat dough procedure with other 3 chicken pieces.
- Place dough wrapped chicken in a shallow baking pan, seam side down.
- Bake 375° for 15-20 minutes or until dough is golden brown,serve with sauce.
- SAUCE:Bring to boil the reserved liquid in skillet add shallots and cook till tender stir in remaining chicken broth and wine cook over high heat until reduced by almost half add honey,mustard and butter cook 2 more minutes.