Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
In 'Quick-Fix Southern' by Rebecca Lang;
- 473.18 ml uncooked egg noodles
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 226.79 g package sliced mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 118.29 ml diced red bell pepper
- 78.07 ml dry sherry
- 354.88 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 414.03 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for about 6 minutes; drain.
- While the noodles are cooking, remove the skin from the chicken.
- Pull the meat off the bone.
- Use your fingers to shred the meat by pulling it apart in strips.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 6 minutes, or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the onions and bell pepper; cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the sherry.
- Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan; transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the noodles, chicken, sour cream, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of cheese to the bowl.
- Stir well.
- Pour into the prepared dish.
- Top with the remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.