1 hr 15 mins
In 'Quick-Fix Southern' by Rebecca Lang;
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Lightly spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Cook the noodles in boiling water for about 6 minutes; drain.
- 4While the noodles are cooking, remove the skin from the chicken.
- 5Pull the meat off the bone.
- 6Use your fingers to shred the meat by pulling it apart in strips.
- 7Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 8Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 6 minutes, or until the liquid has evaporated.
- 9Add the onions and bell pepper; cook for 3 minutes.
- 10Remove the skillet from the heat and add the sherry.
- 11Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan; transfer to a mixing bowl.
- 12Add the noodles, chicken, sour cream, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of cheese to the bowl.
- 13Stir well.
- 14Pour into the prepared dish.
- 15Top with the remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
- 16Bake for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Boudine
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.0
- Calories from Fat 491
- Total Fat 54.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 205.4 mg
- Sodium 948.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 40.3 g