Recipe by under12parsecs
This recipe is from a missionary at my church who just came back from Paraguay, so it is very authentic. Times are estimates as I have yet to make this lovely sounding dish.
Top Review by Lainey6605
This was very good! I loved everything about this dish - the broth was so flavorful and the dumplings were delicious! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7 for the Vivacious Violets.
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 3 liters water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 250 g cornflour
- 100 g paraguayan cheese, crumbled (or ricotta or some other cheese that crumbles well)
- 2 tablespoons grease from broth
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up the chicken in pieces. Put into a kettle with water (you may brown the chicken first if you wish). Add tomatoes and onion. Allow it to boil 30 minutes; add salt and oregano. If the chicken is tender, remove it with a little broth.
- Prepare the bori by making a circle with the corn flour. In the center, add cheese, egg, and grease from chicken broth. Mix until you obtain a dough. Roll the dough with your hands and make little balls. Add balls to the boiling broth.
- When balls float to the surface, allow it to boil for a few more minutes. Add the pieces of chicken, whole. Serve hot.