From Madame Fernande Garvin of the Bordeaux Wine Information Bureau. Adapted from The New York Times Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1 teaspoon butter and lightly sautee mushrooms. Remove and set aside.
- 2Melt remaining butter.
- 3Add garlic and cook about 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
- 4Coat chicken with 1/2 cup flour.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Heat oil in a heavy skillet.
- 7Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- 8Cover and cook over low heat for 25 minutes.
- 9Drain oil from skillet.
- 10Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- 11Add enough water to the remaining flour to make a paste.
- 12Stir into tomatoes and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- 13Add wine, mushrooms and garlic.
- 14Cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 20 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Bordeaux
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.0
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 88.7 mg
- Sodium 425.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 23.1 g