Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Madame Fernande Garvin of the Bordeaux Wine Information Bureau. Adapted from The New York Times Cookbook.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter and lightly sautee mushrooms. Remove and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter.
- Add garlic and cook about 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
- Coat chicken with 1/2 cup flour.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Drain oil from skillet.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add enough water to the remaining flour to make a paste.
- Stir into tomatoes and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Add wine, mushrooms and garlic.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 20 minutes longer.