Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This comes from my dear friend Miss Nola.
- 3 large chicken
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast
- 10 lbs potatoes, cubed
- 4 (1 lb) packages carrots, diced
- 1 large bunch celery, chopped fine
- 4 lbs onions, diced
- 4 (10 1/2 ounce) cans peas
- 4 (10 1/2 ounce) cans green beans
- 2 quarts tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- Boil beef and chicken separately till tender.
- Bone chicken and cut beef; save broths.
- combine all together in very large kettle and cook till hot.
- Time is approximately.