Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Have not tried this but it's up soon. It's got so many of my favorite ingredients. Putting here for safekeeping! Original recipe can be found at http://dishingwithleslie.blogspot.com/2012/09/chicken-bombs.html --
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 jalapenos, sliced in half lengthwise and cleaned
- 20 slices bacon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Slice chicken breasts in half (like a hamburger bun). Place in a plastic food bag and pound until 1/4" thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the 2 cheeses together and smear about 1 tablespoons into each pepper half (use up the cheese between all of the peppers).
- Place the pepper on the chicken breast and wrap it up as best you can. I suggest placing the pepper cheese side down so it gets completely covered by the chicken. Wrap each chicken breast completely with two pieces of bacon. Start at one end, wrap half the breast and finish the 2nd half with the other piece of bacon.
- Cook on a preheated 350 degree grill over indirect for 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Turn every 5 minutes and baste with barbecue sauce each time you turn it.
- For oven: Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Baste a couple times with the barbecue sauce and finish under the broiler to set the BBQ sauce. ~~I suggest a 400 degree oven and no BBQ sauce for the first 20 minutes, turning once to help cook the bacon. Then reduce heat to 375, change pans to loose some of the bacon fat, cover with BBQ sauce and and finish baking/broiling.
- Read more at: http://www.food.com/members/subm/editr2?oc=linkback.
Great recipie. Used thin cut bacon and smoked the chicken bombs using apple wood at around 300 degrees. Brushed it with a spicy peach BBQ sauce. Next time I run this, I'm going to fire-roast the jalapenos first and season the cream cheese mixture.
Great flavors all around, I would recommend roasting the jalape
I too saw this floating about on FaceBook & Pinterest and could not wait to try. This is easy to prepare and so very good. I have now made this a couple of times and have to say TRY THIS!! I doubled the cheese filling and used it to make Jalapeno Poppers both on the grill and in the oven. This is on a regular rotation in our house now. Thanks for posting on this site!