Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple but elegant! Impressive and rich with the prosciutto and fontina, but just as good and cheaper too with ham and mozzerella!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to slightly flatten
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 slices prosciutto, thin (or ham, corned beef or pastrami)
- 4 slices Fontina cheese, thin (or mozzarella or monterey jack)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper.
- Dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- Melt butter with the oil in a heavy skillet (med heat).
- Brown the chicken 2 minutes per side til light golden.
- Transfer to a buttered 8 in square pan.
- Place slice of prosciutto and fontina cheese on each piece of chicken.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and drizzle with broth over each piece.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 10-20 minutes, til cheese in melted and lightly browned and chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve immediately.
While I thought this was very tasty my housemates just thought it was "nice". I used honey-baked ham and mozarella and I'm glad I did because I think it would have been way too salty for me with the prosciutto. I followed this up with your Strawberry Mousse (#62067)for a nice light dessert.
This was very good and very easy to make. I used the prosciutto and fontina, the fontina is a must (I've found a new cheese). I baked the chicken in the oven for about20 minutes. We're having the leftovers as sandwiches, can't wait for lunch.