Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simple but elegant! Impressive and rich with the prosciutto and fontina, but just as good and cheaper too with ham and mozzerella!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to slightly flatten
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 slices prosciutto, thin (or ham, corned beef or pastrami)
- 4 slices Fontina cheese, thin (or mozzarella or monterey jack)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper.
- Dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- Melt butter with the oil in a heavy skillet (med heat).
- Brown the chicken 2 minutes per side til light golden.
- Transfer to a buttered 8 in square pan.
- Place slice of prosciutto and fontina cheese on each piece of chicken.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and drizzle with broth over each piece.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 10-20 minutes, til cheese in melted and lightly browned and chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve immediately.