Recipe by Shawn C
Church functions- family gatherings whatever this is a great throw together meal! this is from Paula Deen
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, quartered
- 1 lb smoked link sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (lawrys)
- 2 teaspoons house seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 cups water
- 3 cups raw white rice
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- lice the sausage into 1/2 inch pieces.
- in stockpot combine chicken, sausage, onion, butter, seasonings and bay leaves.
- add the water, boil, cover and cook at low boil 40 minutes.
- remove the chicken from the pot and let cool.
- debone chicken, discard the bones and skin.
- add the rice to the pot and bring to boil, stirring well. boil 10 minutes, reduce heat,
- cover pot and simmer 10 minutes until rice is done.
- remove bay leaves,
- return chicken to the pot.
- house seasoning:.
- mix store in airtight container up to 6 months.