1/1 Photo of Chicken & Bocconcini With Delicious Chunky Sauce
I used http://www.food.com/recipe/vegetarian-pasta-sauce-167014 as my recipe base because I wanted something chunky & rich to go with my cheese. Many thanks for sharing that recipe because it was PERFECT.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 3 small garlic cloves (crushed)
- 500 g chicken (cubed)
- 2 (400 g) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (140 g) can tomato paste
- 1 large carrot (diced)
- 1 celery (sliced)
- 3 fresh basil leaves (torn)
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- salt & pepper
- 250 g cherry bocconcini (although more would be a bonus)
- 1Heat oil in a large pan (big enough for the entire dish) and saute onions & garlic and brown chicken.
- 2Add the tomatos, paste and vegetables.
- 3Add all herbs and seasoning.
- 4Bring sauce to a boil and then simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- 5Once sauce is set to simmer, prepare pasta.
- 6When water for pasta is boiling, add the bocconcini to the sauce and stir through. You're aiming for the cheese to be a little melty but still hold most of it's shape.
- 7When pasta is ready, serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Bocconcini With Delicious Chunky Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.4
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 143.1 mg
- Sodium 1041.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs