1/2 Photos of Chicken BLT Taco Salad
1 hr 30 mins
A nice salad with a little flair! Easy to put together and can be a meal on those hot summer nights. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup French dressing
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce or 6 cups iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium avocado, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 cup small tortilla chips (I used the small round Doritos)
- 1Mix salsa and French dressing in a bowl until well blended and set in refrigerator.
- 2In a 12 inch non-stick skillet, cook bacon until crisp and drain on paper towel.
- 3Reserve 1 tbsp of bacon grease in pan and add chicken and cook 4-6 minutes over medium heat, or until no longer pink, remove from heat and cool slightly in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 4In a 3 quart salad bowl, layer lettuce, chicken, bacon, bell pepper, and tomatoes and top with dressing.
- 5Can be served immediately or refrigerated up to 24 hours.
- 6Just before serving, top with cheese, avocado, sour cream and tortilla chips.
- 7Tip: To save time, you can use pre-cooked chicken strips and brush avocado with lemon juice if not going to use right away to keep them from browning.
Browse Our Top Summer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken BLT Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.5
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 575.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 23.3 g