Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice salad with a little flair! Easy to put together and can be a meal on those hot summer nights. :)
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 cup French dressing
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce or 6 cups iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium avocado, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 cup small tortilla chips (I used the small round Doritos)
- Mix salsa and French dressing in a bowl until well blended and set in refrigerator.
- In a 12 inch non-stick skillet, cook bacon until crisp and drain on paper towel.
- Reserve 1 tbsp of bacon grease in pan and add chicken and cook 4-6 minutes over medium heat, or until no longer pink, remove from heat and cool slightly in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a 3 quart salad bowl, layer lettuce, chicken, bacon, bell pepper, and tomatoes and top with dressing.
- Can be served immediately or refrigerated up to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, top with cheese, avocado, sour cream and tortilla chips.
- Tip: To save time, you can use pre-cooked chicken strips and brush avocado with lemon juice if not going to use right away to keep them from browning.
I'm only rating the dressing as I made an entirely different taco salad. I would have never thought that french dressing and salsa would taste so good. Thank you.
Great salad! The only thing I left out was the yellow pepper just because I forget to get it. I also used "E-Z French Dressing" I'll definitely be making this again.