Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
This is from Everyday with Rachel Ray on her Pet Friendly page. It says it makes 1 pup sammy and 1 people sammy. I think, if you wanted, you feed your pup Science Diet and enjoy the sandwich with a people friend. I haven't tried this, but I will. It looks good. Let me know what you think.
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) chicken cutlets
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- salt and pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce, 2 leaves torn in half
- In a medium nonstick skillet, over medium-low heat,cook the turkey bacon untoil crisp, about 11 minutes.
- Wipe out the skillet and drizzle with a little olive oil. Cook the chicken, turning once, until opaque, about 3 minutes per side.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mash the avocado and mix in the tomato, lime juice and hot pepper sauce; season with salt.
- Top one piece of toast with some of the avocado, lettuce, 2 slices bacon and 1 piece of chicken. Spread another piece of toast with more avocado mash and put the lid on the sandwich.
- Repeat for another sandwich.