Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great alternative to the usual BLT, and I like that it uses bacon-tomato dressing/Thousand Island dressing. If you don't have a grill, then use a grill pan or the broiler.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup tomato bacon salad dressing or 1⁄4 cup thousand island dressing
- 4 whole wheat buns
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- heat oil in 10-inch skillet over med-high heat.
- Cook chicken in oil 15-20 min, turning once, until juice is pink when centers of the thickest pieces are cut.
- Spread dressing on cut sides of buns.
- Layer dressing on cut sides of buns.
- Layer chicken, tomato, bacon and lettuce on bottoms of buns.
- Top with tops of buns.
- (the buns are really good if toasted or grilled).
- To Grill: Brush chicken with oil.
- Cover and grill chicken 4-6 from med coals 15-20 min, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when centers of the thickest pieces are cut.
Very nice variation of a regular BLT. Since one of my favorite things about eating BLTs is toasted bread, I substituted whole wheat bread (toasted) for the whole wheat bun. I also pounded my chicken breast to about 1/4 inch before I cooked it. Very good, the only thing I might add next time is some low fat mayo in place of some of the Thousand Island Dressing. (Made for PAC 2008)
Great sandwich! We're trying to eat healthier so I used fat free Thousand Island dressing and turkey bacon. Delicious!
Very yummy. I used fat free thousand island dressing & cooked some onions & added that. I also used swiss cheese slices & sprinkled some garlic powder & seasoning salt on the chicken breasts. very tasty w/o all the calories. thanks!